Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Late Night Nonsense

'Twas the night before Tuesday and all through the farm,
various creatures were stirring with no alarm.


Backpacks and papers lay here and there,
On the counter and tabletops, without a care.

The children, those two, were sleeping warm in their beds,
While thoughts of heroes and songs filled their heads;

Poppi in his hair tie, and I by the screen,
In bed he did lie, while I was typing,

Away I wrote with abandon, verve and flash,
While cats opened the unlatched living room window sash

As time wore on, cold air would blow,
While I worked feverishly for the flow,

Of words and inspiration to appear;
But the web traffic was not so clear.

With whirling circles and blank tabs,
All I could see were bits of inline ads.

More rapid than taxes, drowsiness did arrive,
As I struggled with 'div class', template and Analyze

What composition would inspire my blog,
but a classic poem arrived in sleep-addled fog.

Then with a quick search, the text was found,
words arrived and swirled around.

Onto the virtual page they soon were written,
Yet into the night, I went on sittin'

Until, at long last, the creation was complete,
As I kicked my shoes off my feet.

Before I turn in to bed,
one thing more is to be said,

Thank you to friends and family,
Good night, God bless and ZZZzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Feel free to comment by clicking on the comment link above. I want to see what you have to say.